Web Application Developer
Jaguar Design Studio is looking for talented web developers to help build and expand our platform of web-based events tools.
We are a small studio with some big clients, and we are rapidly growing.
This posting is for full-time, in-office openings. Candidates will need to be within commuting distance to the company office in Aptos, CA (near Santa Cruz).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and test web-based applications in a collaborative environment
- Rapidly becoming proficient with our preferred stack of tools (including Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Bootstrap, Git, and more), as well as any new tools we add to the mix
- Work closely with in-house design team to provide technical understanding for designs and wireframes
- Participation in meetings with clients, in order to gather requirements and communicate progress
You should meet the following requirements:
- You possess a positive, can-do attitude
- You have a broad overall technical background
- You are reliable and professional, and capable of managing your own workflow without micromanagement
- You are capable of working from a UNIX command-line environment
- You have experience with modern DVCSs (specifically Git)
- You have an extremely high attention for detail
- You are continuously learning new technologies and updating your skill set
You are a strong candidate if many of the following are also true for you:
- You have experience working as a programmer in a professional setting
- You completed a degree in Computer Science or other STEM discipline
- You have read Code Complete, The Pragmatic Programmer, and Clean Code
- You love UNIX/Linux. Even emacs heathens are welcome
- You have active GitHub, Bitbucket, StackExchange, and/or HackerNews accounts (feel free to link to them in email)
- You are experienced with AngularJS or other client-side “MVC” frameworks
- You have used Redis or other “NoSQL” data stores
- You have experience with the iOS or Android development environments
- You have Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Flash/ActionScript, etc)
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.