Web Application Developer
Jaguar Design Studio is looking for talented web developers to help build and expand our platform of web-based events tools.
We are a small studio with some big clients, and we are rapidly growing. We are open to both experienced and entry-level developers.
This posting is for full-time, in-office openings. Candidates will need to be within commuting distance to the company office in Aptos, CA (near Santa Cruz).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and test web-based applications in a collaborative environment
- Rapidly becoming proficient with our preferred stack of tools (including Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, Git, and more), as well as any new tools we add to the mix
- Work closely with in-house design team to provide technical understanding for designs and wireframes
- Participation in meetings with clients, in order to gather requirements and communicate progress
Strong candidates will possess many of the following:
- A degree in Computer Science or other STEM discipline
- Experienced with using version control - Git experience expecially preferred
- A broad overall technical background
- Reliable and professional, and capable of managing own workflow without micromanagement
- Experience with the iPhone or Android development environments
- A love for UNIX/Linux. Even emacs heathens are welcome
- Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Flash/ActionScript, etc)
- Active GitHub, Bitbucket, StackExchange, and/or HackerNews accounts (feel free to link to in email)
View the HTML source of this page. You’ll find instructions there.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.