User Experience (UX) / User Interface (UI) Web Designer
Jaguar Design Studio is looking for a web designer to take our user-centric design chops to the next level.
We are looking for candidates with experience in the disciplines of user interface design, user experience, and information architecture.
This position is full-time and in-office. Candidates will need to be within commuting distance to the company office in Aptos, CA (near Santa Cruz).
- Creating wireframes/mockups and sitemaps of websites and web-based tools
- Developing rapid prototypes of sites and tools for client review, and working closely with clients to map out requirements and quickly reflect those requirements in mockups and prototypes
- Keeping up with the latest in usability and UX knowledge and research
- Collaborating with development team on the implementation of designs, and an understanding of working within certain development constraints
Strong candidates will possess many of the following:
- A portfolio of work, including completed designs, mockups, and other relevant materials
- A demonstrable interest in and aptitude for designing interactive web experiences
- A degree in a design or software related field (examples: Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Computer Science)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, and possibly other field relevant tools like Balsamiq
- A bookcase or e-reader full of books and studies on human-computer interaction, information architecture, usability, and user experience
- A sharp, relentless eye for detail
- Some front-end development skills (HTML, CSS, etc.) for developing static and interactive prototypes
- Understanding of the fundamentals of SEO and its impact on site architecture
Application Challenge: Design an All-Star Voting Page
Please complete the following UX challenge:
Design the user interface for a web application for fan voting for a sports league’s All-Star game. The challenge is solely focused on the design of a user interface that promotes a good user experience, no graphic design.
- Voters should be able to easily create a vote ballot, separated by player position
- Voters should be able to view a player’s statistics
- Voters should be able to compare statistics between two players
- Voters should be able to easily browse to the “best” players, but should still have the ability to vote for any player in the league
- Voters should be able to preview their ballot before submitting
- Voters should be able to see the current poll results
Deliverables: A set of wireframes in an easily viewable format (PDF, PNG, etc).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: UX Designer. Include the following in the email:
- The deliverables for the application challenge
- Resume / CV
- Links or attachments to design portfolio and/or work samples